Cold room or freezer LED light fixtures are used in rooms that require lower temperatures due to the items placed in them, like fruits, vegetables, and meat. Depending on your needs, these storage areas can be kept at 0 to 13 degrees Celsius. Since it is integral that you maintain these levels constantly, you must invest in LED luminaires that won’t interfere with the coolness of the space.
This is why you must stick to your cold storage lighting requirements when buying fixtures to ensure you get the best ones. At Ecoshift Corporation, we can provide you with LED luminaires of all kinds. If you’re interested in acquiring cold room LED light fittings and bulbs from our company, here are a few things you should first keep in mind:
Research Cold Storage Lighting Requirements
Cold storage facilities must have lights that not only emit minimal heat but also are durable enough to withstand freezing temperatures, humidity, and vibration. Furthermore, these luminaires must comply with the government’s safety, fire, and materials codes.
There are also recommended illumination levels for different kinds of warehouses or industrial applications. However, do note that the following may differ depending on the type of task done, level of detail needed, size of the objects handled, and average age of the workers:
- 5- to 10-foot candles – For bulk storage and straightforward orientation in vacant spaces
- 15- to 20-foot candles – For fine object storage and fundamental visual clarity
- 20- to 50-foot candles – For areas where complex visual tasks are performed
- 30-foot candles – For monitoring motors and equipment
- 50-foot candles – For light benchwork and machine operation
- 100-foot candles – For observations
Measure the Room Dimensions
It is common practice to conduct light sizing calculations to figure out which cold room lighting fixtures to invest in. By considering the width, length, and height of your space, you can further narrow down which luminaire to get since you can now eliminate models that don’t meet your requirements.
Freezer LED light fixtures come in various forms. However, tube luminaires are the most common ones. This is because they maximize smaller spaces and allow ample illumination to be cast. Additionally, although it isn’t necessary to ensure layered lighting in cold storage rooms, you can pair them with the following:
Plot Out Possible Fitting Locations
There aren’t any written rules regarding cold storage lighting requirements. However, it has become common for these fixtures to be placed in fittings that are high enough to cast widespread illumination. They are commonly placed overhead and rarely used for wall washing or recessed lighting in these spaces.
When plotting out your fitting locations, make sure not to place your lights too close or far from your walls. The former may cause you to invest in more fixtures than needed, while the latter would cause shadows when all your lights are activated. Here is a list of steps you can follow to calculate your lighting placement in your cold storage room:
- Sketch the general dimensions of the area on grid paper.
- Mark the placement of integral locations like workspaces, shelves, or counters.
- Divide the height of the ceiling by two to figure out the amount of space to leave between each fitting.
- Try aiming your fixtures in places where your employees may need more light.
Consider Special Features
After narrowing down your cold storage lighting requirements, you can now consider special features for your fixtures that make things more convenient for you and your employees. Note that these additional model specifications may come with a higher price primarily due to the technology used.
However, these additional costs may help you in the long run as special features can help improve productivity, reduce energy consumption, and more. Here are a few things to look out for when considering cold room LED light fittings and bulbs:
- Smart Integration – If you already have a network in place, smart lighting makes more sense as it allows you to schedule your fixtures to turn on and off at specific times. You can even dim your lights, which will positively affect your energy savings.
- Solar Power Energy – Aside from lowering your electricity consumption, lights that utilize solar power do not produce air pollution or any dangerous byproducts. They may require higher upfront costs, but they will no doubt provide you with a high return on investment.
- Motion Sensor – On top of convenience and increased energy savings, motion-sensor LED lights can enhance your security. You can now expect your lights to turn on and help your security cameras provide a clearer picture of whoever is in your cold storage room and what they are doing.
Purchase Freezer LED Light Fixtures From Trusted Sellers
Count on Ecoshift Corporation to provide you with various LED products for your cold storage room. We have an extensive catalog for you to choose from. In fact, some of the most prominent fixtures we recommend for these spaces include:
- T8 LED Tube Light – With a wattage of 9W, this dimmable fixture has a luminous flux of 900 lm. It is also made from durable materials, such as an aluminum housing as well as a frosted or clear PC cover.
- Weatherproof Housing – Ensure that the tube lights in your cold rooms are in optimum condition by investing in weatherproof, polycarbonate housings. These products have a rating of IP67 and a double-ended wiring connection.
- Flood Light – Our flood lights can provide you with a 120-degree beam angle as well as a 10,000 lm luminous flux. This product has a rating of IP68 and is expected to last you more than 50,000 hours.
Illumination plays a significant role in cold storage rooms since they ensure that your employees have enough light to fulfill their tasks in these spaces. That is why you must invest in LED fixtures that can help you achieve this, all while maintaining the low temperature in the enclosed area. Luckily, our team at Ecoshift Corporation can provide you with assistance. Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can help you!